Tutorial how to hard reset Motorola Moto G
A poorly behaving application can bring your Motorola Moto G phone to a crawl or even freeze the device entirely. Usually when we do soft reset or reboot we will restore your device to normal function. If not, we have to format the device with hard reset. Hard reset will remove apps you have downloaded and installed, your accounts, as well as system and app data and settings. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset. Most of your information should be backed up into your online Google account, such as contacts. However, to be safe, backing up to your computer is also recommended. A hard reset reverts the phone back to its initial state — the state before you turned On the device for the first time.
Note: A hard reset will permanently erase all data from your phone, including personal information.
Performing a hard reset from settings
- Go to Settings panel, than tap Backup & Reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset.
- When you confirm Reset Phone, you will lost all data files.
Performing a hard reset using external hardware buttons
If you are not in able to power on your device or unable to access the phone menu, you can still preform a hard reset using external hardware buttons. Using this procedure you will also lost everything from the device. Follow steps bellow to learn how to hard reset Motorola Moto G.
- Turn Off your device before you start to follow steps below.
- Press and Hold VOLUME DOWN key for 3 seconds, then press POWER button.
- Release all keys after the Boot Options appears on the screen.
- Navigate with VOLUME DOWN key to Recovery, then confirm with VOLUME UP key.
- Wait few seconds until the android logo appears on the screen.
- Now navigate with VOLUME DOWN OR VOLUME UP to find option ‘wipe data/factory reset‘, then confirm with POWER button.
- Again use VOLUME keys to navigate and select YES – delete all user data, then confirm with POWER button.
- Wait until the process ends, then select POWER to confirm ‘reboot system now’.
If you have any question how to hard reset Motorola Moto G make it bellow. If you find these steps useful, share them with your friends on social networks.